With the fall comes cooler weather and plenty of rain—and those conditions can make it difficult to maintain healthy, well-kempt hair. Thankfully, there are some simple things that you can do to alter your routine to keep your hair looking great and growing healthy during the fall. Keep reading for some hair care tips for fall to help you look and feel your best in the coming months.
Hair care tips for fall
Here are a few tips for fall hair care to keep your hair healthy and help you maintain a hairstyle that looks fantastic in all kinds of weather:
- Keep up with regular haircuts: One of the most important things to do to maintain healthy hair is to keep up with regular haircuts. A lot of people avoid frequent haircuts, especially if they have concerns about thinning hair or hair loss, but haircuts actually promote healthy hair growth. No matter the condition of your hair, aim to get a haircut every eight to 12 weeks to keep split ends at bay and keep hair healthy.
- Use hair masks: It’s important to moisturize your hair to reduce split ends and keep hair looking shiny. Hair masks offer a lot of great benefits and can make a big difference in the health and appearance of your hair. Depending on how dry your hair is, try to use a moisturizing hair mask once or twice a week.
- Protect hair before styling: One of the biggest fall hair care mistakes people make when it comes to hair health is neglecting heat protection. Hot styling products, including hair dryers, curling irons and straighteners, can cause excessive drying and breakage and leave hair looking damaged and dull. To avoid heat damage, use protective styling products that are designed to provide a protective barrier between hair strands and hot styling tools.
- Try a new shampoo and conditioner: If you tend to use inexpensive drugstore shampoo and conditioner, it might be time to try something new to improve the health and appearance of your hair. Look for a quality shampoo and conditioner combo that’s designed for your hair type. If possible, get a recommendation from a hair stylist who can tell you more about various products.
- Avoid using ponytails and clips: Ponytails and hairclips can be great for creating cute hairstyles, but they can also cause damage to hair, especially when they’re used frequently. During the fall and winter, it’s common for hair to become drier, so the risk of breakage increases. With that in mind, try to minimize the use of ponytails and clips in the fall.
Non-surgical hair replacement and hair treatment
While fall hair care is certainly a priority here at Raveen Hair Replacement, we believe it’s always a good time to invest in hair health, and our team is here to provide our clients with the products and services they need to feel as confident as possible—no matter what time of year it is. We offer non-surgical hair replacement and hair treatment services to help our customers achieve the healthy-looking hair they’ve been dreaming of. Find out more about our services by giving us a call today.