For many people in Greensboro, NC, their hair is an important part of their personality and self-image. Keeping your hair in good condition can be good not only for your appearance, but also for your mental health.
There are some issues that can prove challenging for hair growth as you age, including medical conditions, hereditary problems, poor diet and various hair care mistakes. It’s important to consider these issues, and the steps you can take to improve hair growth moving forward.
Here’s a quick look at some of the ways you can stop hair loss and improve hair growth, including some foods that help hair growth:
- Aloe vera: Aloe has been used for years as a hair conditioner that provides natural soothing of the hair and scalp. It helps to remove dandruff and unblock some of the hair follicles that get clogged due to excessive oil. Aloe can be used as a natural gel, or might be included as an ingredient in shampoos and conditioners.
- Coconut oil: Another common natural hair care ingredient, coconut oil features a number of fatty acids that cut down on protein loss from the hair by getting deep into the hair shaft. Coconut oil can be used both before and after washing, and the effects help to keep hair intact due to the greater levels of protein.
- Rosemary oil: Rosemary oil promotes hair growth and helps to cut down on potential hair loss. Mix several drops in the carrier oil or into shampoo. As an essential oil, it should never be applied directly to the skin.
- Lemon juice: Lemon juice and oil are both common ingredients in hair care products, and can be used on their own as well. They help to enhance hair quality and maintain a healthy scalp. You can apply the juice 15 minutes before shampooing, or can mix it into a carrier oil to create a hair mask.
- Onion juice: Similar to rosemary oil, you can use onion juice as a means of promoting hair growth while reducing hair loss. Squeeze drops and apply directly to the scalp, and let it rest for about 15 to 20 minutes before you shampoo.
- Vitamins: It’s important to either take vitamin supplements or eat a diet with foods rich in some of the most important vitamins for hair growth and health. These include vitamins A and C. Foods that are rich in biotin and protein can also help improve hair health.
- Other foods: Some of the foods that will provide the best results for hair health include leafy green vegetables, lentils, fruits, nuts and fish.
- Exercise: Regular exercise is important for overall health, including head and hair health.
- Healthy habits: Drink plenty of water, get a good amount of sleep and reduce stress. This will provide positive results in many areas of your life, including hair growth and health.
Interested in learning more about some of the steps you can take and foods you can eat to improve hair growth and health in Greensboro, NC? Contact Raveen Hair Replacement today.