Achieving the perfect bleach blonde look has been the dream for millions of Americans over the past few decades. After all, blondes have all the fun, right? The truth is that while blondes may have more fun and attract more attention, the bleach and other harmful chemicals used to make hair lighter do a lot more harm than good.
Fortunately, there are proven ways to lighten hair naturally in Greensboro, NC. Continue reading to learn a few of the trusted methods to lighten your hair without damaging it in the process:
- Lemon juice: Lightening hair with lemon juice is one of the oldest tricks in the book. The acidity in the juice has the ability to change hair’s pH level, which is why hair will turn a lighter shade. For best results, put lemon juice in a spray bottle, spray the strands and sit in the sun for a few hours. Keep in mind that this will only work for lighter hair colors.
- Vinegar: Using vinegar to lighten hair is also a popular tactic, but this method requires precision. Dilute the vinegar with water to a 50/50 ratio to avoid accidentally turning your hair a slightly orange color. Those with thin or brittle hair should stay away from vinegar, as it can actually do some permanent damage.
- Honey: You can lighten hair naturally in Greensboro, NC by applying honey to damp hair. After lathering it on, twist your hair in a bun and put it in a shower cap for one to four hours. You can speed up the process by applying some heat to your hair with a blow dryer.
- Baking soda: You may have heard of whitening your teeth with baking soda, but baking soda also works to lighten your hair. Mix one tablespoon of baking soda with 1/3 cup of warm water and then apply it with a color brush on your hair. Make sure the consistency isn’t too thick or too runny for best results.
- Sea salt: Spending the day at the beach is one easy tip for how to naturally lighten your hair in Greensboro, NC! Letting your hair air dry after taking a dip in the ocean can lighten the color over time. For an at-home alternative, mix one tablespoon of sea salt with a cup of warm water and let it sit on your scalp for 20 minutes.
- Chamomile: The chamomile flower contains a pigment called apigenin in the petals. Dilute the petals in water and then apply the mixture with a comb. In addition to lightening your hair, the mixture will make your hair soft and shiny.
Talk to our pros about the best way to lighten your hair
Before you run out to the store and start trying these at-home treatments, we advise coming in and speaking to the professionals at Raveen Hair Replacement. We’ve been in business for over 40 years, so we know what we’re talking about when it comes to how to naturally lighten hair in Greensboro, NC. Give us a call today to learn about all of our hair care services or to set up an appointment with our experts.