Millions of Americans suffer from abnormally greasy hair. After going more than a few hours without a shower, they look like they dumped their head in a bucket of melted butter! Not only is this an unattractive look, but it can be particularly unhealthy for their scalps.
The good news is that these people don’t have to live with a permanently greasy head. Continue reading to learn how to make your hair less greasy in Greensboro, NC:
- Shampoo sparingly: The more you shampoo your hair, the greasier it can become! This is because your hair works overtime to produce natural oils that are removed by shampoo during your shower. To prevent this from happening, try to shampoo only two or three times per week instead of daily.
- Use a clarifying shampoo: When you do shampoo your hair, use a powerful clarifying shampoo that will eliminate any built-up hairspray or other product in your scalp. Additionally, make sure your shampoo appears translucent rather than creamy, as these are better for your scalp.
- Keep conditioning: Just because you’re not shampooing doesn’t mean you can ignore your hair completely in the shower. Continue to use your conditioner every day to train your head to be less oily. Apply the conditioner from the middle of the shaft down to the ends and avoid the scalp for best results.
- Use warm and cold water: When a customer in Greensboro, NC asks us, “How can my hair be less greasy?” we tell them to avoid using extra-hot water! Piping-hot water can dry out your scalp. Instead, wash your hair with warm water and then rinse it with cold water to close the cuticles out and prevent excess oil.
- Give your hair a treatment: There’s no sense in paying a fortune for products that are supposed to prevent oily scalps when you can make your own treatment regimen at home! Products like apple cider vinegar, baking soda, talc-free baby powder and sea salt are all known to help dry out your hair and promote a healthy scalp.
- Find a brushing balance: When a customer asks whether their hair can be less greasy, we often ask how frequently they brush their hair in Greensboro, NC. Not brushing enough causes a buildup of oil on the scalp, while brushing too frequently stimulates more oil production. Talk to your hair care professional about how frequently you should be brushing your hair.
- Eat your greens: It stands to reason that eating fatty and greasy foods will make your hair greasier. In addition to cutting out that order of French fries, add more fruits and veggies to your diet to decrease your body’s production of sebum.
Come see our team for professional help
If you’ve tried the steps above and your hair is still greasy, you should visit our team at Raveen Hair Replacement. With 50 years of industry experience, you can trust us to transform your hair. Give us a call today to set up an appointment or to learn how we will help make your hair less greasy in Greensboro, NC.