Dry, brittle hair is prone to breakage, is hard to style and just doesn’t feel as nice as healthy hair. Can you prevent your hair from getting dry in Greensboro, NC, or are you stuck with this particular fate? Now that we’re in the summer months, the extra heat and sunshine might wreak havoc on your hair. Here’s how to make sure your hair looks and feels great all year long:
- Don’t wash your hair every day: Washing your hair every day strips it and your scalp of their natural oils, which in turn dries your hair out. Start washing every other day at first, and try dry shampoo to soak up the oil. If two days works well, see if you can push it to three days, and so on. You’ll eventually find a washing schedule that works for you.
- Set aside the heat styling tools: Heat styling tools are not exactly kind to your hair, especially if it’s already on the drier side. Let your hair air- or towel-dry, and avoid curling irons, straightening irons and hot rollers to see if that makes a difference. If you absolutely must use them, try a heat protecting spray first.
- Wrap your hair instead of air drying: Sometimes air-drying—while certainly better than blow-drying—can dry your hair out instead of just eliminating dampness. Wrap your hair in a towel to dry it—it will soak up most of the water, and allow your hair cuticle to close naturally.
- Wear a hat: Spend a lot of time outside? The sunshine feels great, but it can be terrible for your hair. Wear a hat every time you spend more than a few minutes in the sun. It will also protect your skin from signs of early aging.
- Try essential oils: Argan oil is a very popular hair treatment, and it only requires a few drops for your entire head. Peppermint and lavender are also great choices to stimulate hair growth and prevent dryness.
- Take your vitamins: Iron, biotin and vitamins A and C are important for hair growth and health. Many people take prenatal vitamins for their hair alone, since they’re high in all of the above vitamins.
- Try a haircut: Sometimes the best way to prevent your hair from drying out in Greensboro, NC is to chop some of it off. Visit your stylist and ask them to cut away the dry, lackluster locks to show off your healthier hair. They may also be able to help you choose a style that will make the most of your hair texture and type.
- Eat more omega 3s and antioxidants: Finally, you can nourish your hair from the inside out by adding more antioxidants and omega 3 fatty acids to your diet. Foods like salmon, blueberries, olive oil, coconut oil and more are great for your hair, and taste good, too.
Interested in safe, fast, non-surgical hair replacement in Greensboro, NC? Contact Raveen Hair Replacement today to learn more about your options. We look forward to working with you!