Some people love everything about their hair, and others wish theirs was a different color, style, length or texture. Hair thickness is another touchy subject. You are not alone if you’re a Greensboro, NC resident looking for how to make your hair thicker. Below are seven tips and tricks to help transform flat, limp or thinning hair into fuller locks:
- Select a thickening shampoo and conditioner: While extensions and supplements can bring volume to your hair, these options are not for everyone. Instead, try this method of volumizing: get yourself a thickening or volumizing shampoo and conditioner. Products with these labels usually contain fewer conditioning ingredients, so they don’t weigh your hair down as much.
- Get a short or medium-length haircut: Another trick professional stylists use on clients who want a thicker head of hair is cutting it at shoulder-length or above. This is especially helpful for people with thin hair. Thin or fine hair tends to look stringy, and longer hair can look even thinner since it’s weighed down by the length. Blunt cuts are great options that can boost hair volume.
- Use dry shampoo differently: Many ladies use a dry shampoo between hair washes, but it can do so much more than make dirty, oily hair look and feel clean. To add an instant boost of volume to hair, simply apply a small amount of dry shampoo along your roots. This works well to create volume thanks to dry shampoo containing a powder that increases friction between the hair strands and absorbs oil.
- Tease your hair: The thought of teasing your hair may bring up images of the 1980s. Never fear! If you strategically tease your hair, you can avoid the ‘80s look and achieve more volume in your hair. For hair that tends to fall flat, use a skinny comb to gently tease your locks at the roots all over your head.
- Keep hair healthy: It’s difficult to maintain great-looking hair when you’re always taking heating tools and hair products to it. Anyone wanting thicker-looking hair should minimize the use of these hair-damaging items. If you aren’t already taking precautions—like using heat protectant spray and not washing your hair every day—you should start doing so today. Follow these tips and your hair will look thicker, stronger and healthier in no time.
- Get highlights: Another way to make your hair look fuller is to add some highlights to your locks. Ask your stylist for highlights that’ll add the look of depth to strands. Say goodbye to flat, single-toned hair and hello to lively locks!
- Camouflage your scalp: A visible scalp will make your hair appear thinner than it really is. If you feel like experimenting, try filling in the areas of exposed scalp with a bit of coloring spray or eyeshadow.
We hope these tips and tricks help you get a thicker head of hair, but keep in mind that you can always reach out to Raveen Hair Replacement in Greensboro, NC for professional hair care and services!