First impressions matter. Whether you’re going to a job interview or attending a party with guests you don’t know, you always want to look your best when you leave home. That is why tips for proper hair care in Greensboro, NC are so important. Regardless of what you wear or your other personal hygiene habits, taking care of your hair is a must so that you are presenting the best version of yourself to colleagues, managers, acquaintances, friends and family. With this in mind, consider these hair care tips in Greensboro, NC the next time you get ready to walk out the door.
- Do shampoo your hair once every three days. Going more than three days without cleaning your hair will clog the pores of your scalp, cause oils to build up and make your hair look dull.
- Don’t shampoo your hair too often. It’s important to find the right number of times to wash your hair per week, because you don’t want your hair becoming oily or for your scalp to be itchy or dry.
- Do thoroughly clean all of your scalp and hair.
- Don’t skimp on rinsing. You want to clean all of the shampoo out of your hair when you are done so there’s no buildup remaining.
- Don’t use too much shampoo. A nickel-sized amount should do the trick.
- Do incorporate a detoxifying shampoo into your weekly routine. Of the many tips for proper hair care in Greensboro, NC that you’ll read, this one is vital. A detoxifying shampoo oxygenates your scalp, revitalizes your hair and removes any gunk that you don’t want clogging pores or messing with your tresses.
- Don’t skip conditioning your hair after shampooing it. Conditioner provides important moisturizers for your hair.
- Do wait at least two to five minutes for your hair to fully absorb the conditioner before rinsing.
- Don’t apply conditioner to your scalp. It should only be used on your hair.
- Do bring a wide-toothed comb into the shower with you to comb the conditioner through your hair.
- Don’t purchase conditioners with parabens or silicone. These products will make your hair look flat and lackluster. They offer no benefit and should be skipped.
- Do be gentle with your hair when it’s wet. Wet hair is fragile, so handle it delicately.
- Don’t rush the styling process. You want your hair to be at least 90 percent dry before you start the process of styling your hair.
- Don’t rub hair with a towel to dry it. Instead, blot it to help your mane dry faster.
- Do turn down the heat on any of your styling tools, especially flat irons and curling irons. These heating elements can horribly damage your hair if you have the heat turned on too high.
If you’re looking for hair care tips in Greensboro, NC to address hair loss, contact Raveen Hair Replacement today. There are both physical and psychological effects of hair loss, whether you’re a man or a woman. Don’t live with the devastation of losing your hair. Instead, get in touch with us to learn about affordable, non-surgical solutions for your hair.