Hair washing is an important aspect of any self-care routine. Whether you wash your hair with shampoo daily or weekly, though, it’s important to understand how to care for your hair properly to keep it as healthy and strong as possible. Unfortunately, a lot of people don’t know how to properly care for their hair because of common myths related to hair care in Greensboro, NC. Read on to find out more about some common myths and to learn the truth about how to properly care for your hair:
- Hair gets used to shampoo: A lot of people who notice changes in their hair’s volume or texture assume that it’s because their hair is adapting to their shampoo, but this isn’t the case. If you are using the same shampoo and washing routine, changes in your hair are probably due to changes in your hormone levels, diet or exercise.
- Shampoo has to lather to work: A shampoo that develops a big lather might make you think that your hair is being effectively cleansed, but the reality is that the way your shampoo lathers has little to do with its cleansing ability. In fact, some of the ingredients in shampoo that create that lather can actually be damaging for your hair and scalp. You should look for a shampoo with high quality ingredients that will thoroughly cleanse your hair, even with a minimal lather.
- You need to use matching shampoo and conditioner: Shampoo and conditioner usually come in matching pairs and a lot of people think that you have to buy these products in a set for the best results. In reality, you can mix and match different shampoos and conditioners based on the kind of results you’re looking for and the condition of your hair. Try out different products to find the ones you like the best, even if they don’t “match” each other.
- Washing your hair with cold water makes it shinier: If you’ve been rinsing your hair with very cold water during your showers in hopes of increasing shine, you might be disappointed to know that there’s no proof that this technique actually works. If you want your hair to be shinier, try specialty hair products and oils to moisturize your scalp and hair follicles.
- Conditioner isn’t necessary: Shampoo is often considered to be the most important hair care product, but that doesn’t mean that you should skip out on conditioner. Conditioner fortifies your hair with essential nutrients that keep your hair healthy, promote growth and increase volume and shine.
Get more information about hair care in Greensboro, NC
You can learn more about hair care in Greensboro, NC by reaching out to Raveen Hair Replacement. Since 1971, we have been dedicated to helping our clients get the hair that they’ve always dreamed about with professional hair replacement and restoration services. We offer a variety of options so you can get the services that are right for you. Give us a call today to find out more about the services we offer and to get more information about pricing.