Need a few tips for better hair care in Greensboro, NC? We’ve got plenty of ideas to help you keep your hair healthier and better looking, no matter what your age or current hair status may be.
Here are just a few tips you might consider trying out!
- Use apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar makes for a highly effective pre-shampoo treatment. It works to naturally break up residue from hair products still trapped in your hair. It can also be used as a post-shampoo rinse to give your hair some extra sheen and shine. The best part is that it’s all-natural, so you don’t have to worry about what synthetic chemicals are doing to your hair.
- Don’t shampoo the entire length of your hair: Only shampoo from your roots to the mid-shafts of the hair. Once you rinse out your hair, it will clean the rest of the hair shaft. This will help you avoid over-shampooing your hair, which could result in the hair weakening over time.
- Avoid certain types of ingredients: Never purchase or use shampoo that includes sulfates, alcohols or silicones. Sulfates remove many of the natural oils from your hair, which can result in it becoming dry or frizzy. Silicones add unwanted coatings to your hair that will weigh it down, as do alcohols. Pay attention to the labels and make sure you’re getting products that are free of these ingredients.
- Don’t brush your hair while it’s wet: This is one of the most common causes of hair breakage. Blow-dry your hair and make sure it’s actually dry before you really take the brush to it.
- Use honey: Did you know that honey is a great natural moisturizer? It is! It also has antibacterial properties that can help provide relief from some common scalp conditions, such as dandruff. Believe it or not, you won’t be permanently sticky by using honey in your hair, either, because it’s water soluble.
- Try coconut oil: If you have issues with extremely dry hair, you could try rubbing a bit of coconut oil on the ends. This makes for an excellent daily moisturizer in small quantities without providing too much grease.
- Use the right kind of pillowcase: Silk pillowcases are much better for your hair, especially if you’re an active sleeper. So if you know you’re the kind of person who tends to toss and turn at night, a silk pillowcase can help you avoid losing moisture and having to deal with hair breakage.
- Don’t use styling tools that heat the hair: Heating tools can result in split ends, breakage and general damage to your hair. If you do have to use a flat iron or curler, make sure you’re using a heat protectant spray, but even this isn’t guaranteed to keep you free from all types of damage.
These are just a few hair care tips that you should keep in mind to maintain healthier hair. Contact Raveen Hair Replacement for more tips about hair care in Greensboro, NC!