What will $100 buy you? Among other things, a few tanks of gas, a week’s worth of groceries or one full-color hair treatment. Yes, professional hair coloring, on average, costs about $100 to $150. If you’ve been coloring your hair for a while now, this price range is likely no surprise. However, if you are new to the world of hair coloring, you might be struggling with some sticker shock.
Whether you see $100 for a beautiful head of vibrantly-colored hair as a regular investment you make or a one-time luxury, you are probably looking for ways to make that color you love last as long as possible. If you want to save money or simply avoid the hassle of going to the salon so often, there are a few things you can do to extend the life of your hair color. Here are some tips from a hair care service in Greensboro, NC:
- Don’t wash your hair daily: For some people, this is really hard to do, but whether you dye your hair or not, washing your hair daily is a damaging practice. Washing your hair every day will strip your hair of dye even faster.
- Be careful with hot tools: It’s no secret that too much heat can dry out your hair, but it can also make that vibrant color look dull over time. As a provider of hair care service in Greensboro, NC, we recommend not turning your hot tools higher than 360 degrees in order to protect your hair color. You can also try new no-heat hairstyles or different styling products instead of hot tools.
- Take cold showers: It’s not only hot tools that can dull your hair color—a hot shower can be just as damaging. Even if you are dying for a hot shower to start your day, going cold (or at least a little cooler) is a small step you can take to extend the life of your hair color.
- Go for “safe for color-treated hair” products: The hair care market is saturated with products that are specifically designed to not only be safe for colored hair, but also to actually help you maintain your color. From shampoos and conditioners to styling products, there is a “safe for color-treated hair” option to replace all your hair care products.
- Protect your hair from the sun: Just like you protect your skin from the sun, you need to protect your color-treated hair. While a hat or a scarf is a great way to keep the sun’s rays from fading your gorgeous color, there are also products that are akin to “hair sunscreen” that you can use as well.
Quality hair color can be expensive, but it is worth the investment if vibrant colored hair is important to you. You simply need to make a few simple changes to make the most of that investment. By following these few tips, you can avoid frequent appointments at the hair salon and save money on hair coloring. For more tips like these and for other hair care service in Greensboro, NC, call Raveen Hair Replacement!