As we look ahead to what’s coming in the world of hair care in 2018, there are some clear trends emerging that are likely to be major forces not just in hair care, but in fashion in general.
Here are a few trends you can expect to be prevalent in 2018. Some of these trends are stylistic, while others involve care and products.
- Organic and all natural: Just as skin care and beauty products have made a significant movement toward more organic and all-natural options, you can expect hair care products to do the same. Safe, natural ingredients will be pushed heavily in the industry this year, especially for people who dye their hair and want to offset the harm that comes with those dyes.
- Longer hair: While extremely long hair isn’t expected to be the biggest fashion craze this year, we expect to see the bob become a bit less common. Over the last five years we had seen a lot of celebrities cut their hair so it just grazes the shoulder, but expect to see more people sporting mid-length cuts in 2018 as a little longer becomes the “in” style. Some might even choose to add some extensions for more length.
- Effortless: More women are expected to work for a look that is effortless, yet sophisticated, and a sheen that almost makes the hair look wet. This look has been epitomized by Kendall Jenner in the last few months, and it will likely become popular on a much broader scale in 2018.
- More widespread use of heat protectors: Hair that undergoes constant heat styling benefits greatly from the use of a heat protector. Men and women alike should apply a heat protector immediately after washing their hair. It activates when the heat from the blow dryer touches the hair, and protects the hair until you wash it next. This is a great way to keep your hair strong and looking good for a longer time.
- Smarter use of blow dryers: People who know hair know you need to be careful about how you use a blow dryer. You can get several days out of a single blow dry by using the correct amount of product—less is actually more when it comes to blow drying. Adding product as the days go on can help you maintain a freshly blow-dried look. Avoid making the biggest mistake you can make with a blow dryer—moving it around too much and blowing for too long, both of which can cause an unnecessary amount of frizz that can lead to long-term damage to the hair.
These are just a few of the biggest hair-related trends we see becoming widespread throughout the upcoming year. Of course, there are always going to be trends that seem to arise out of nowhere, or a celebrity who surprises with a brand new look that everyone just has to emulate.
For more information, contact our hair care service in Greensboro, NC today.