If you utilize a wig for aesthetic or hair replacement reasons, you may be wondering what the best way to care for your wig is. It’s extremely important that you exercise proper care procedures when cleaning, styling or repairing your wig to avoid damage and unnecessary repair or replacement expenses. Consulting with an expert in hair care in Greensboro, NC with extensive experience providing services for wig owners can help you identify the best way to keep your wig looking well-kempt and professional.
Depending on the type of hair replacement solution that you utilize, the care procedures will look drastically different. Generally speaking, synthetic wigs require less maintenance than human hair wigs. You should always follow manufacturer’s recommendations when you are caring for your hair replacement solution, and you should always consult with a trustworthy professional provider of hair care in Greensboro, NC.
Caring for human hair wigs
Washing a wig made from human hair is very similar to washing your own head of hair. You must be careful not to damage the wig during the washing process. If you are unsure about how to proceed with cleaning your wig, you should reach out to a provider of hair care in Greensboro, NC:
- Begin by brushing: Before washing your hair, you should always begin by thoroughly brushing it out. You should ensure that there are no tangles in the hair, and brushing the hair will also help to eliminate any dust or dirt that may have settled in the wig.
- Shampoo: Use a gentle shampoo, and massage it into the hair on the wig. Be careful not to remove any hairs from their mount on the wig. Some shampoos may not be suitable for use on a wig; you should consult with a hair care provider in Greensboro, NC first.
- Rinse with cool water: After the shampooing process is complete, you should thoroughly rinse out the wig at least twice using cool water. Be sure to remove any excess shampoo or dirt particles that may have become apparent during the washing process.
- Leave the conditioner in: Once all of the shampoo and dirt has been removed from the wig, you should begin massaging a gentle conditioner product into the natural hair. You should leave the conditioner in for at least two minutes. Be sure to rinse thoroughly.
- Pat dry: Finally, you should pat the wig dry after the washing process is complete. Be sure to remove all of the excess water, as extra moisture may cause the wig to mold or prematurely decay.
Raveen Hair Replacement is one of the premier providers of hair care in Greensboro, NC. You can count on us to deliver high-quality, dependable hair replacement services. We are proud to provide each and every one of our customers with hair care solutions that meet the needs of their hair replacement strategy. We can help you look your best, no matter what type of hair replacement solution you are using! If you are in need of assistance maintaining or caring for your wig, you should reach out to one of our highly qualified hair care professionals today. We can provide you with prompt and professional services.