One doesn’t simply “go bald.” There are numerous factors that may determine whether someone is experiencing hair loss—and there are many types of hair loss with different causes. The top classifications of hair loss in men are genetic causes, skin or medical conditions and lifestyle-related factors. This means the reason for your hair loss can hinge on anything from family history to a diagnosed skin condition.
Here are five of the most common reasons why men lose their hair, which may lead anyone to seriously consider hair loss restoration in Greensboro, NC:
- Stress: Whether it’s your home life, personal life or work life that’s got you stressed—or a combination of the three—this may or may not be causing your hair to fall out. In fact, it’s considered a rare thing for someone to go through hair loss simply due to regular daily stress. But that’s not to say that a prolonged bought of stress won’t thin you out. Extreme physical or emotional stress may cause what is called telogen effluvium, which is sudden hair thinning, as opposed to a gradually receding hairline.
- Genetic predisposition: Although stress is thought to be the biggest factor in hair loss for a lot of men, it’s not. Genetics is a more common reason, and it’s seen all over the world. You are probably familiar with the term “male pattern baldness,” which is a genetic trait passed down from both sides of the family. Male pattern baldness is when a man starts to form a u-shaped balding patch that usually starts at the front of his head.
- Getting older: You may not know it, but hair growth begins to slow down pretty significantly starting around age 30, for both men and women. But even if you are not experiencing hair loss, the volume of your hair will still decrease. However, while growing older is just an unfortunate part of life, hair loss restoration in Greensboro, NC could be the solution you are looking for.
- Dietary habits: Oftentimes, hair loss is only temporary, either due to poor nutrition or unbalanced eating habits. Like the rest of your body, your hair requires adequate nutrients to thrive. Without proper nutrition, you could go through sudden weight loss, weight gain or drops in your iron or calcium levels. It’s not unheard of for all of this and more to lead to your hair falling out.
- Scalp conditions: Skin conditions on your scalp, like psoriasis, could be to blame for your temporary or permanent hair loss. If you have psoriasis, your body will over-produce skin cells on your scalp that appear to you and others as sizable white flakes, similar to dandruff. Unfortunately, this is a skin condition that is known to damage hair follicles.
When it comes to the above conditions and more, you don’t have to sit idly by as your hair gradually disappears. Solutions are available. For professional and lasting hair loss restoration in Greensboro, NC, give us a call at Raveen Hair Replacement today!