It’s common to find strands of hair stuck to your sweater or all over the bathroom floor, as shedding hair is a completely natural bodily function. But sometimes losing hair is much more than just shedding. Hair loss isn’t limited to just middle aged men, either. Women of all ages and ethnicities can be effected by female hair loss. No matter how common it is, it can be incredibly frustrating to not know exactly what’s causing it. Female baldness can still occur even with regular hair cleaning and conditioning in Greensboro, NC.
While hair loss is often caused by a combination of factors, including genetics, you could accidentally be contributing to it. Here are five common factors that could be impacting your hair loss:
- Poor diet: What you put into your body can have a huge effect on your hair. Strong, beautiful hair is often a result of a nutritious diet full of vitamins and minerals. Poor eating habits or extreme dieting can lead to thin, weak hair that easily sheds and results in bald patches. Your body needs proper nutrients to create a functioning hair shaft and healthy follicles. The better your nutrition, the more likely it is that you’ll grow a full head of healthy hair within a few months’ time.
- Prescription drug use: You may want to consult your doctor before you stress over hair loss, as a new prescription you’re taking could be the cause. Hair loss is a common side effect of many medications. The side effects can easily be reversed a few weeks after you stop taking the medication.
- Not washing your hair regularly: Contrary to popular belief, it’s usually not better for your hair to go extended periods of times without regular hair cleaning and conditioning in Greensboro, NC. How often you should wash your hair should be based on a variety of factors, such as hair texture and how often you sweat. Grime and sweat can quickly build up on your scalp, which can block the pores and lead to hair loss, in addition to causing an itchy scalp.
- Extreme stress: Experiencing a high amount of stress can have some odd effects on your body. High stress for an extended amount of time can cause your body to go into survival mode, which means your body is only producing certain nutrients that are crucial to life. Unfortunately, your body doesn’t consider your hair to be crucial, which can result in hair loss.
- Over styling your hair: Curling irons and hair straighteners are a great way to easily achieve a new look. Sadly, regular use of hot tools could also be burning your hair and causing it to break mid-shaft. Over time, the strand might become so fragile that it falls out entirely.
Remember that shedding some hair is completely natural, but when hair loss is negatively affecting your life it’s time to contact the professionals at Raveen Hair Replacement. Call us today to schedule your free private consultation!