For many people, the extent of their hair care is simple. You shampoo and condition it in the shower and brush it when you get out—then style it and get on with your day! And while this might seem enough to keep your hair happy and healthy, it’s really just the bare minimum of care—especially if you’re someone prone to hair loss.
What else is there in terms of hair care that’s above hair cleaning and conditioning in Greensboro, NC? How can you keep your hair in the best condition possible, to ensure its health and to prevent it from succumbing to hair loss factors? Take a look at some of the tips the professionals use to help customers retain luscious locks that are strong and healthy:
- Don’t brush your hair so vigorously! In fact, the less you brush your hair, the better off it’s going to be. Brushing strains the roots and follicles of your hair, putting stress and tension on them. If possible, squeeze dry your hair or let it air dry, then brush gently through it to untangle any snares that might be lingering.
- Remember that your scalp is part of your hair—the strands aren’t the only important thing to care for and in fact, tending to your scalp and roots can have a majorly positive impact on the health of your hair. Make sure your scalp is hydrated and that the skin is free of irritants and you’re going to notice stronger, healthier hair.
- Stray away from heat treating your hair! Heat is going to damage your hair in a number of different ways, leaving split ends, fried strands and more for you to deal with. Instead, as mentioned above, let things air dry or be sure to twist-dry your hair, to keep heat interactions at a minimum. If you do heat treat your hair, be sure to use a low heat setting and be quick about things!
- Make sure that any shampoos or conditioners you’re using are protein-enhanced. Protein is a major building block for strength when it comes to your hair and depriving your follicles of protein is much like not feeding yourself—you’re going to become weak and so is your hair!
- Instead of having your hair styled ad cut once every few months, opt for frequent trimmings. You’ll get rid of split ends and stray strands, while also ensuring your hair is kept happy and healthy on a regular basis.
- Try to avoid damaging hair through regular habits. From smoking to always putting your hair up in a ponytail, things like this can damage to your hair that’s much harder to fix than a bad dye job or years of mineral damage via hard water.
If you think you’re doing enough to care for your hair via hair cleaning and conditioning in Greensboro, NC, ask yourself if you’re also adhering to the above tips. If not, it might be time to start paying a little more attention to your hair—especially if you’ve got a family history of hair thinning or hair loss.