Summer is a great time of year for relaxing and letting go of the stresses of our busy everyday lives, and many people even enjoy paying a little less attention to their appearance when they’re spending so much time outside, engaged in physical activities or just lounging around. But just because you love embracing a laidback attitude for a few months doesn’t necessarily mean you want to stop paying attention to how you look, and even if you aren’t spending much time on your hair during the summer, there are still some things you can do to keep it looking nice. Here are some things you can do to make sure you’re still getting adequate hair care in Greensboro, NC this summer:
- Don’t wash your hair everyday. With all the swimming you’re likely to do this summer, it may be tempting to wash your hair everyday, but too much shampoo can lead to an imbalance in your hair’s natural oils. Instead, try rinsing more often and shampooing every few days.
- Wear a hat when you’re out and about. Too much sun exposure can have a number of negative effects on your hair, including tangling and color fading, and also dries out your scalp. A loose-fitting hat can help your scalp retain its natural moisture and promote healthy hair.
- Keep your hair loose. While the temptation to put your hair up in a tight bun might be strong, this can have negative effects on already dry hair. Instead, embrace the loose ponytail or braid, and enjoy spending minimal time on your hair while still keeping it under control.
- Let your hair air-dry. Given the effects of the sun on your hair, it should come as little surprise that blow-drying during the summer is overkill. Your hair will dry quickly on its own, particularly if you’re headed outdoors, and you’ll avoid unnecessary damage.
- Preserve your hair’s color. While a slightly lighter look from a weekend in the sun isn’t anything to get worried about, if you’re spending a lot of time outside and wondering whether the sun might bleach your hair, the answer is “yes.” Again, a wide-brimmed hat is a good thing to have on hand.
- Avoid frizzy hair. Heat and humidity have one almost certain effect on human hair: frizz. Combating frizzy hair can be accomplished through the use of sprays and serums specifically designed to help your hair stay healthy and smooth.
- Prevent “chlorine green.” If spending time in the pool is one of your favorite summer activities, you’ve likely experienced the effects of too much chlorine, which can be particularly noticeable for blondes. Simply rinsing your hair prior to jumping in the pool can help cut down on the amount of chlorine your hair is able to absorb.
These are just a few of the many helpful tips for hair care in Greensboro, NC that the team at Raveen Hair Replacement can offer you this summer. To learn more about how you can look and feel your best without spending more time on your hair than you’d like to, give us a call or stop in and see us today. We encourage all of our customers to embrace the season and enjoy stress-free hair this summer!